Proposed Amendment to the LMU Master Plan
Loyola Marymount University has filed an application with the city of Los Angeles to amend its specific plan, commonly referred to as the LMU Master Plan. The amendment proposes to reallocate square footage from academic, administrative and residential uses to athletic use within existing square footage caps and subject to all the other provisions and zoning requirements in the current plan. We invite you to review the application and project description, supplemental items, FAQ page and provide us with feedback.
We seek this change so that we can improve our athletics facilities. Specifically, LMU intends to renovate Gersten Pavilion instead of tearing it down as previously planned. Our teams would use it as a practice facility, and the space would include modernized training areas, locker rooms, offices, and academic spaces. The university’s future competition venue would be built in the interior part of campus. No other part of the Master Plan would change under this amendment.
We are reaching out to neighbors and community groups across Westchester to discuss the benefits of the Master Plan and to ask for your help and feedback as we propose this change. Our next public presentations are:
- Postponed until further notice - Neighborhood Council of Westchester Playa Planning and Land Use Committee meeting and the Neighborhood Council of Westchester Playa Del Rey board meeting (7166 Manchester Ave., Westchester Municipal Building Community Room)
- Wednesday, Sept. 25 at 7 p.m. - Kentwood Home Guardians board meeting (8900 S. Emerson Ave., Firestation #5 Community Room)
- Tuesday, Oct. 15 at 6:30 p.m. - Neighborhood Council of Westchester Playa Planning and Land Use Committee meeting (7166 Manchester Ave., Westchester Municipal Building Community Room)
- Thursday, Oct. 24 at 7 p.m. - LMU community forum #1 (1 LMU Drive, McIntosh Center, 3rd floor of University Hall). Parking included. You will receive a coupon code after you RSVP. RSVP here.
- Wednesday, Nov. 6 at 6:30 p.m. - Neighborhood Advisory Committee meeting (8740 Manchester Blvd., Westchester Senior Center)
- Saturday, Nov. 16 at 10 a.m. - LMU community forum #2 (1 LMU Drive, ECC 1857 in University Hall). Parking is free on weekends. RSVP here.
We strive to be a good neighbor, we will continue to uphold the commitments we made when the Master Plan was approved in 2011, and we look for opportunities to strengthen our community partnerships. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 310.338.2759.